The Exploring Artist: a 12-week group coaching program for building your artistic identity
Instead of searching for your visual style
… Start Building Your Artistic Identity
by establishing a cycle where your people and your passion meet.
The Exploring Artist is a 12-week group coaching program for new visual artists, starting July 1st. You will learn how to own the big word “Artist” so that it brings quality and enthusiasm to your art making without prohibiting creative exploration. This coaching is especially for you who wants to make more impact with your art whether you want to start sharing your art in social media, blogging about art, selling, teaching local or online classes, etc.
Your Coach: Paivi Eerola
I am a full-time visual artist from Finland who has made a career change from technology to art. All my life I have been interested in a wide range of fields and ideas. When I was studying engineering, I found robotics and mechanics as inspiring as data systems. When my journey in art began by blogging, I felt the need to start all over again every time I discovered a new way to create art. But the more I blogged, the more I realized that exploration is a part of the journey. Artists are never fully focused. Creative people always find new inspiration. What matters more, is the ability to integrate many ideas into your current projects. I will show you how to be an exploring artist who enjoys the flow of ideas without sacrificing the quality and effectivity.
“Paivi is a very profound lady. Her insights are amazing. Although having a technical background, Paivi sees beauty, philosophy, and art in everything. Paivi has helped me a lot in my art journey.”
– Claudia Watkins, UK
Start the Journey Where Your People and Your Passion Meet
At the beginning of my artistic journey, I thought that all I needed was to post the image of the final piece. I didn’t feel comfortable writing about myself or my art. I didn’t even want to say my real name “Paivi Eerola,” because I thought that “Peony and Parakeet” would be enough. My blog got very little views, and I felt like my art wasn’t good enough. But the longer I blogged, the more I realized that people need the names, the words, the faces, the stories to get connected with artists. It was also relieving to understand that no matter how excellent my artistic skills will become, I won’t ever be able to please everybody. There are my people that want to hop along with me, and then there’s the rest of the world.
For an artist, the answer is never to stay alone or stick with one idea. Instead of searching for a perfect style, a perfect place to be, step out and start a journey where your people and your passion can meet.
The Exploring Artist – 12 Weeks – 6 Steps
In this coaching program, you will work with your art so that it will strengthen you as an artist.
You will get:
– A workbook divided into six parts that will help you to put your artistic identity into words.
– 6 video lessons that will guide you through the each part of the workbook.
– 6 creative challenges where you will visualize your insights.
– A private Facebook group for connecting, sharing and discussions.
– 4 online group coaching sessions with the coach and the participants
Step 1: Passion (July 1-14)
– Discovering your artistic dreams and becoming more conscious about why you are so passionate about art.
– Defining your next level as an artist to establish what’s your main goal for the next 10 weeks.
– Creative Challenge: Overcoming The Fears
– Group Coaching Session (July 14)
Step 2: Potential (July 17 – 28)
– Building a bridge between your dreams and actions so that you have a foundation that energizes you rather than limits you.
– Defining the people that you want to serve and the roles you need to take so that you have a direction for self-development.
– Creative Challenge: The Many Sides of You
Step 3: Ideas (July 31 – August 11)
– Using exploration, experimenting and play to get unique ideas and to avoid repeating yourself.
– Integrating multiple ideas into one so that your work is more inspiring to your people.
– Creative Challenge: Out of the Comfort Zone
Step 4: Skills (August 14 – 25)
– Becoming more confident by self-evaluating your art regarding originality, expression, playfulness, consistency, diversity, and finishing quality.
– Setting higher standards so that they strengthen the artist in you.
– Creative Challenge: Curated Collection
– Group Coaching Session(August 14)
Step 5: Courage (August 28 – September 8)
– Opening up and sharing your art so that your people can find and trust you.
– Choosing the best ways and channels to connect with your people.
– Creative Challenge: Open Heart
– Group Coaching Session (August 30)
Part 6: Impact (September 11 – 22)
– Building relationships through art: friends, followers, customers, other artists, and businesses.
– Making the most out of rejections so that they energize rather than discourage you.
– Creative Challenge: Journey Together
– Group Coaching Session(September 14)
Use Any Visual Media for the Creative Challenges
The creative challenges of Exploring Artists are set so that you can adjust them to serve your goal. You can create many single projects or incorporate all the challenges into one big project. Your project can be a piece of art, a series of paintings, a blog post or even a class that you want to teach or event that you want to organize, anything that you want to implement during the 12 weeks. There are no limitations for techniques that you use. You can create art journal pages, illustrations, paintings, mixed media art, digital art, textile art, art photography, sculptures, etc. The only expectation for the project is that it contains visual elements and that you master the basics of what you are doing. You can ask help and request feedback for your project personally from the coach by email, via the Facebook group, or via group coaching sessions.
Brainstorm Together in the Group Coaching Sessions!
You can send questions for the session beforehand and connect with the coach and the participants in real time. The 1-hour group coaching sessions take place 11 AM PST/ 1 PM CDT/ 7 PM BST on the 14th day of each month. There’s also an extra coaching session on August 30th, scheduled for Australian time zones in mind, that takes place 7 PM AEST / 10 AM BST. The coaching sessions will be recorded. If you can’t make the session, you can watch the recording later.
Questions and Answers about The Exploring Artist
What technology do I need to have to enjoy the class fully?
All the material and services provided at The Exploring Artist are in electronic format. You will need Internet access and an email account. You will also need basic programs to view (and download) MP4 videos and PDF files. Usually, these are already on your computer. If you want to participate the Facebook group, you will need a Facebook account. To upload your artwork to the group or email your artwork to the teacher, you will need a camera or a scanner, at least a phone camera. To participate the live coaching sessions, you will need a compatible browser (Google Chrome or Firefox, or a free mobile app) and a free account to a live streaming service. You will get more instructions on setting up your account once the program begins.
I will be traveling sometime during July-September. Can I still participate?
Because the program lasts 12 weeks, there’s time to catch up. The group coaching sessions are not mandatory. During the program, you can ask questions about previous steps if there’s something that you missed or that took a longer time to immerse yourself. After the program is finished, you can get back to the material delivered during the program. The material is downloadable to your computer until the end of 2017. If you save the files to your computer, you can access them from your computer as long as you want. However, because The Exploring Artist is about supporting you personally, you will get the biggest benefit if you work actively within the group.
Is there a limited number of participants?
Yes, the maximum amount is 50 participants to make sure that you will get the support you need. So make sure you will sign up sooner than later!
Yes, I want to sign up!
You will get the link to the pre-questionnaire immediately after the purchase!
Is there a payment plan?