Inspirational Drawing 2.0: self-study class for you who says you can’t draw
Liberate your line and feel the art that you create …
Enjoy drawing from inspiration and imagination!
Inspirational Drawing 2.0 is a self-study class for all who think they can’t draw.
You will learn to draw freely so that your personal ideas and feelings come through.
With each lesson, you will celebrate your imagination and remove stiffness from your expression.
“Discovering my living line has taught my pen to dance!”
– Jenny, Cornwall, UK
Teacher: Paivi Eerola
I am a full-time artist with degrees in industrial design and software engineering. I created the course “Inspirational Drawing” for us who feel that life is not just about consuming. Watching beautiful images can never bring the same joy than drawing and painting your own. Artists process ideas through creating. That’s why I want you to go further than just trying to replicate the first image that you have in mind.
Paivi is a very inspirational, creative & supportive teacher. Her methods are very expressive and freeing.
– Diane Woolf, Canada
Paivi’s attitude, words of wisdom, and assignments have helped me to begin to loosen up in my work. This course is also helping me to see art, beauty, and creativity everywhere and not just in museums and galleries. I loved Paivi’s “pep talks” on each video. You always knew where we might be stuck and why and I always felt like you were talking right to me!
– MaryAnn Kaczmarski, USA
Five Modules that Make You Enthusiastic about Drawing and Art Journaling
A) Mood to Motifs
– Liberating your line and getting away from stiffness
– Motifs to modules: drawing unique decorative designs
– Main Project: Hand-drawn collage using your designs
B) Show What You Yearn
– Picking images that call you and using them as a starting point for your art
– Expressing with composition: Reducing mess and adding more meaning
– Main Project: Illustration that summarizes what you find compelling
C) Inspirational 3D
– Making images more alive and imaginative
– Breaking the rules of perspective drawing: playing with spaces, shapes, and shadows
– Main Project: Abstract scene that plays with imagination
D) Liberated Portraits
– Combining both concrete and abstract to one image
– Communicating with color: inspirational color choices and developing eye for color
– Main Project: Emancipated Selfie
E) New Freedom
– Expressing change, movement, and flow
– Focusing without forcing: balancing between intuitive and intentional
– Main Project: Past, Present, and Future – all in one image!
I now see art in different things and have lots of ideas on how to compose a piece.
– Tina Mitchell, Nicaragua
I see things about myself revealed in my art. I feel the potential and I’m on board with it. I’m on my way!
– Marie Jerred, Canada
You will receive:
– over 5 hours of edited videos, including both lessons to learn and projects to create
– a PDF document of 42 pages including written instructions and 17 samples created by the students
The material is downloadable to your computer for 1 year after the purchase. If you save the material to your computer, you can access it from your computer as long as you want.
Supplies – Good Pen, Paper and Something for Coloring
– Black drawing pen, tip width 0,4-0,8 mm. These can be brands like Micron, Staedtler and Pilot Permaball. Make sure that your pen has permanent ink.
– Coloring supplies: colored pencils, watercolors and gouache paints, inks, felt-tip pens, anything that you want to use.
– Smooth blank paper. If you want to use watercolor paper, pick the smoothest “Hot Press” quality. Sketching paper and gel medium or paper glue for hand-drawn collage art.
– A blank book if you want to start an art journal for your drawings. Teacher’s recommendation: Moleskine Art Plus Sketchbook or Dylusions Creative Journal (large or small) as the quality of the paper is perfectly smooth for the drawing pen.
Questions and Answers about Inspirational Drawing 2.0
What technology do I need to have to enjoy the class fully?
You will need Internet access and an email account. You will also need basic programs to view (and download) MP4 videos and PDF files. Usually, these are already on your computer.
I am an absolute beginner. Is this class for me?
Yes! The only requirements are that you are an adult, have used your coloring supplies a little bit beforehand, and want to create projects that include decision-making and imagination, not only copying.
I have created art for years. Is this class for me?
Yes, if you a) have created realistic drawings but want to start drawing freely from imagination and inspiration, or b) have been enjoying messy mixed media but who want to add more expression and meaning to your art.
I prefer painting to drawing. Is this class for me?
Yes! Improving your intuitive drawing skills benefits painting as well. You can use paints to color your projects if you want.
I participated the first version of Inspirational Drawing. Is this class for me?
Yes! Inspirational Drawing 2.0 has the same core values: celebrate drawing from imagination and inspiration, and bring new perspectives to your art. But all the content is new, and the class has a more mixed media approach. With these lessons, you can continue improving your skills and get new challenges.
I only have small portions of time for creating. Is this class for me?
Yes! You can do projects in smaller pieces. There are also exercises that take very little time to finish.
You can download the PDF file to your computer immediately after the purchase. The file contains the link and the password to each of the videos. Videos are offered as a streamed service, available at least 12 months after the purchase. You can access the videos as long as you want if you download them as MP4 files onto your computer.
Show Your Living Line – Buy Now!
Price: 109 EUR (appr. 130 USD)
Pay with Paypal using your Paypal account or a credit card.